Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Time Has Flown By

Well, it has been what feels like FOREVER since I have written on here. A LOT has happened since the last time I wrote on here. To sum it all up so that I don't take up an entire page, I guess I could say: school finally started, show choir fall season has come and gone (now, competition season is right around the corner), senior year is stressful/great/nerve-wracking, and, as always, I have an amazing family and some awesome friends.

Here's a little summary of what has gone on...
  • August 2008:
    - School started on the 6th.
    - Alexis and I kicked off FCA with a great start. (I'm STOKED about the entire year!)
    - Cameron turned the BIG 8 on the 15th.
    - Shawn (our choreographer) came to teach the Fall Show.
    - August 29: Yes, it was the 3rd year anniversary of Hurricane Katrina; however, for me, it was the kick-off of high school football season, which sadly, didn't go too well.

  • September 2008:
    - Hurricane Gustav hit on the 2nd. (We stayed ... I took pictures ... whoopdee doo.)
    - I kicked off our FCA Guy's Bible Study on Tuesday, the 9th.
    - September 29 - October 3: Homecoming Week (aka. dress-up days at school, which were lame this year)

  • October 2008:
    - First 9 weeks Exams were the 8th and 9th.
    - IMPACT performed for the Excel by 5 program at Beach Park.
    - October 20-24: Jackson County Fair
    - October 31: Great day! Due to it being Halloween as well as a football game for us, we had a pep rally at which IMPACT performed Thriller. The crowd went CRAZY! It was awesome!

  • November 2008:
    - November 4: Barack Obama was elected President of the United States. No, I was not able to vote this year, but I still followed all candidates' campaigns.
    -
    IMPACT had its annual Dinner Theater on the 11th. This year was extremely great and emotional for me. It was my last one, and not only did my grandparents who live here get to come, but my granny who lives in Alabama was able to attend! Considering it's my senior year, I think she's trying her best to be at everything she possibly can this year.
    - Shawn came to teach the Competition Show. We just finished ... tonight. He was here Friday through today. (What an awesome and fun show we have this year!)
    - Tuesday, November 18: Cameron had surgery. He had his tonsils and adenoids removed as well as cartilage from his nose, due to the deviated septum.

It's been crazy since July! Fortunately, I am a senior, and I can begin counting down the months until I graduate! :) Mrs. Jackson stated today that there are only 18 days left of this semester. (Thank God!).

Before I forget ... some of us students from IMPACT made a Christmas video about safe driving and submitted the video as part of the Holiday Holla contest. The video, along with 14 others, was selected as a semi-finalist video. Our job now is to go to the website and vote for the video. The top five videos with the most votes will have the chance at receiving cash prizes. If you would like to help us and vote for us, visit: www.holidayholla.com to vote. (Once you are on this site, on the left side of the screen there is a yellow box that says "vote now" -- click that. Then, select our video on the right side. Our video has the most students in it, and we're all wearing red shirts and jeans. The title of the video is "O Come All Ye Drivers / Out on the Highway," and it is by cmyrick. Click on "vote for this video" and enter a valid email address. You should be sent an email asking you to click on a link ("Confirm Vote") to confirm and submit your vote.) Thank you, in advance, for helping us make the top five!

Well, I'm stoked the November is almost over. Yes, I'm ready for Thanksgiving. I have TONS to be thankful for -- so much that I cannot even put it all on here. However, I'm so ready for Christmas ... it's my favorite!! :)

I guess I better get off of here and head to bed. I just felt like I needed to update.

Hope everyone is well!

God bless!
Christian
-----------------------------------------

Alexis and I at Praise in the Park

IMPACT performing at Excel by 5

IMPACT Seniors '09!

Dad, me, and Mom at Senior's Night
(football game - 10/31/08)

"Four in Harmony" (Zack, me, LaBrandon, and Gary)
performing at IMPACT's Dinner Theater
(11/11/08)

IMPACT Show Choir
Dinner Theater - November 11, 2008

No comments: